MKS BASE 1.5 3D Printer Controller Board Update of RAMPS 1.4 + Mega 2560 + A4988
- This is the combination of Arduino MEGA2560 + RAMPS1.4 + 5 x A4988 drivers (remix board)
- Arduino MEGA compatible Atmega2560 and FT232 processors are compatible with all RAMPS class firmware
- Firmware can use the same configuration as RAMPS1.4
- It is suitable for dual-Extrude printer
- Easy DISPLAY + SD-CARD connector, RepRapDiscount SmartController compatible pin header on board
- 3x temperature ADC connectors for thermistors
- Up to 5 motor drivers with A4982
- 4x PWM capable power mosfet outputs with voltage selector for MainPower.(Bed, Extruder0, Extruder1, Fans)
- 4 layers PCB, optimize heat dissipation.
- 6x end stop connectors with power supply Xmin/Xmax/Ymin/Ymax/Zmin/Zmax
- Recoverable fuse for short-circuit protection.
This section will show you how to get firmware into your controller and run it with basic settings.
Software required: FTDI USB drivers, Arduino IDE, Choice of firmware ( Marlin or Repetier or Sprinter ), Pronterface
USB VCP Drivers – MKS Base uses the newer FT232 USB to UART chip and it needs the updated VCP(virtual com port) drivers from the
manufacturer’s website . Download the correct version for your operating system or you can get the executable version for Windows(easier).
Windows Vista/7 may try to do an update to locate the proper drivers but it is recommended to install the FTDI drivers for better performance.
The VCP drivers will install a COM Port on your computer for the MKS Base, you can check what port number was assigned by going to your device manager and click on Ports(COM & LPT) look for something that says “USB Serial Port(COM3)” where COM3 is you assigned port number(will vary from PC to PC). Remember this number as you will be using it later in configuring other software.
Install Arduino IDE – Download and extract the Arduino IDE .
Get your firmware – While you can use most firmwares out there, we will use Marlin as an example. Download and extract Marlin or any other forks of the firmware that you prefer/need.
Upload firmware – Run the Arduino IDE (arduino.exe).
Select your board – Click on Tools -->Board -->Arduino Mega 2560,
Select your serial port – Click on Tools-->Serial Port-->(select your COM port for the X3 USB, you can check this in Device manager)
On Arduino click File-->Open — then point to your Marlin Download and select Marlin.pde. With Marlin loaded on the IDE window, click on the tab that says “configuration.h”. These are the basic entries that you need to change to get the X3 working.
#define BAUDRATE 250000 //This will work fine for the MKS Gen
#define MOTHERBOARD 33 //33 is for RAMPS which the MKS GEN is compatible with MOTHERBOARD 34
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 3 //If you have the NTC 100K
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 3 //If you have the NTC 100K
What you will receive:
1 x MKS Base V1.5 3D Printer Controller Board
1 x USB Cable